Connecting with a caring and empathic therapist can begin the process of developing insight, self-awareness and personal empowerment.
There is no prize to be won for struggling through life carrying the most baggage. Being the best that we can be is what we owe to ourselves and to those we love.
Close friends and family can sometimes help us through life’s difficulties, but that is not always enough. A professionally trained counsellor can help to put things into perspective and make life more manageable.
Counselling can help with:
- anxiety and depression
- coping with stress
- handling difficult emotions such as anger, shame, grief
- finding meaning and purpose in life
- learning better communication skills
- mid-life dilemmas
- workplace issues
- recovering from trauma and abuse
- life transitions
- weight management – see Mindful Munchers
- recovering from a broken heart
Relationship counselling can help with:
- deepening your connections
- repairing ruptures
- dealing with separation and divorce
- finding ways to communicate and deal with conflict
- healing childhood wounds
- parenting, step parenting and re-partnering
‘Love skills’/ premarriage counselling can help with:
- building a secure base for your new life together
- learning skills to deal with the conflict and the inevitable power struggle
- navigating the path from romantic ‘in love’ to deeper ‘mature love’
- consolidating and deepening your connection
- learning the essentials for a long and happy life together.
Highly recommended if you are about to be married, considering moving in together or your relationship is moving to its next phase.
All counselling is equally suitable for same-sex or heterosexual couples.
If you are struggling with any of these issues and are ready to make positive changes in your life, take the first step by calling Jiselle for professional assistance.