“The first step towards change is awareness. The second step is acceptance” – Nathaniel Brandon
Healthy Eating Program
Mindful Munchers is a revolutionary mindfulness based approach to healthy weight management. It works equally well with issues of overweight and obesity as it does with eating disorders. The program utilises the latest findings in neuroscience and positive psychology, the premise is that change must occur from within and that there is a ‘new you’ waiting to appear!
Mindful Munchers does this by shifting your mind set so that you begin to think in a different way. It is about identifying and changing long-standing patterns. As the new you emerges you will no longer think or act in the same way.
This program is for anyone who is:
- Unhappy about their weight.
- Confused about food and spends too much time thinking about it.
- Fed up with diets and realises that they don’t work.
- Ready to make positive changes in their life.
- Wanting to be happier and healthier.
Over the 8 sessions you will explore the emotional triggers, limiting beliefs and ingrained patterns that have impacted on your relationship with food. Values clarification and working out what is important to you is an important part of the initial sessions as this will motivate you and start the process of change. We will spend time unraveling the real reasons why diets don’t work and how crucial it is to learn to be kind to yourself. You will learn that our state of being and sense of self worth should not be connected to a number on a scale and that there is a different natural weight for everyone. The way you feel is the best indicator that you are at your healthy weight. I highly recommend you throw away your scales.
In this program you will:
- Discover why diets don’t work.
- Learn to trust yourself and become attuned to the needs of your body
- Develop greater self compassion and self love as you discover new ways to nurture and nourish yourself
- Achieve and maintain a healthy weight permanently
- Reconnect to the joy of eating
- Understand your emotional triggers that lead to comfort eating
- Unearth the sabotaging limiting beliefs hidden in your subconscious.
The program is about abundance, celebration and loving life rather than deprivation or a sense of missing out.
In Mindful Munchers we meditate, visualise, talk, celebrate, set achievable goals and much more!!!
Mindful Munchers is a vehicle for self growth, self awareness and insight and will propel you towards the life you want to live.
Change happens when you begin to practice self love, compassion and acceptance. Truly accepting yourself at the point where you are right now is the moment that the shift will happen.
You will discover that as you feel better about yourself a healthier relationship with food becomes only one of the many benefits you will experience as a Mindful Muncher.
Mindful Munchers is an individual or small group program.
- Initial program consists of 8 sessions.
- Sessions can be weekly or fortnightly.
- Session one is 90 minutes duration
- Sessions two to eight are 60 minutes duration
- Follow up sessions are shorter (40 minutes) and are a reduced rate.
Research reveals that 8 weeks is the minimum amount of time needed to establish new habits. The 8 weeks will give you a great start in establishing a new way of being but it is highly recommend that you continue with follow up sessions over the next few months to provide you with any support you might need to stay on track as the new ‘you’ emerges.
Sessions are conducted in person at the Southport or Burleigh Waters office, or online via Skype or Zoom.
Jiselle offers a free 30 minute telephone consultation to help you determine if Mindful Munchers is right for you.
- $150 -First session (90 minutes) Includes intake, a brief history and setting intentions.
- $120 Sessions 2 – 8 (60 minutes)
- $80 Follow up sessions (40 minutes)
- Session 1 and Session 8 must be paid in advance before program commences ($270)
- SAVE with packages
- 8 sessions paid in advance (15% saving)
- 4 sessions paid in advance: (10 % saving)
- Includes handouts for each session and downloads of meditations and visualisations
- There is a Mindful Munchers Facebook page and closed group that all participants are invited to join
- Helpful hits, suggestions and recipes can be found on the Facebook page and the closed group offers support and will answer any questions that you may have.
Small Group Program
- Maximum 6 people
- See Events page for upcoming groups and fees
- Please discuss with me if you wish to work in pairs or organise your own small group
Jiselle is currently seeking people who are interested in working with her on a research project.
She explains “I know Mindful Munchers works but I am keen to get the research facts behind the program”.
You will need to be committed to the program for 12 months. If you are interested Jiselle is offering both the individual and group program at reduced fees. Call Jiselle to discuss.
Jiselle also offers reduced fees to pension, healthcare, senior card holders, students and those experiencing financial hardship. Please call Jiselle to discuss.